Vegan and vegetarian diets are a little different from each other – vegetarians eat dairy but no meat, where vegans (more strict) don’t eat any meat or dairy products (no animal products or by products). A vegan diet sometimes is a bit challenging if you don’t plan properly for it – making this vegan carrot soup showed me there are more good vegan foods out there than I thought.
What you will need:
- 2-3 large organic carrots, chopped small
- 1 organic onion chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (all spice works just as well)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup veggie broth (I recommend low sodium veggie broth)
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer carrots, onion, ginger, curry, and vegetable broth in a pot or a deep pan for 20-25 min (until carrots are soft)
- Allow to cool, and then puree in a blender. Add to heat again and then add coconut milk until mixed in well.
This vegan soup is good served hot as a meal or cold as a nice appetizer. I prefer it steamy hot (I’m not a fan of coconut milk – serving it hot takes away some of that strong coconut flavor in the soup I think).
This vegan carrot soup turned out good (for only having 6 ingredients), plus it’s made with organic veggies so it’s good for you. It’s nice and smooth, and I love how it’s easy to sip on and enjoy.