This healthy vegetarian recipe is perfect to have for lunch. If you know how to make tuna salad, then this is your cup of tea. It requires no cooking and only a few main ingredients.
What You’ll Need (Makes about 3 servings):
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayo, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff a generous portion of mixture into half of a whole wheat pita, add lettuce and tomato and you’re done.
This healthy vegetarian recipe has only 259 calories, 8.5 grams of fiber and 9.3 grams of protein per serving. It’s quick and easy and will fill you up until dinner time.